EverSmoke batteries are pretty amazing. Like most other e-cigarette batteries on the market, EverSmoke batteries use lithium ion technology. They are constructed of lithium and carbon materials, and this makes them lightweight and ultra-powerful. Here’s a deeper look into the technology behind these batteries, how they work and what makes them so ideal for electronic smoking.
Lithium ion batteries were first released in 1997, they are used in all varieties of different devices including smart phones, other types of mobile phones, tablets, laptops, digital cameras, video game consoles, flashlights, power tools, hybrid vehicles, electric wheelchairs, model aircraft, and even the Mars Curiosity Rover. Amazing right?
Unlike older battery models that worked on electronic charges using liquid solvents, lithium ion batteries work with solid polymer composite. This enables the electrodes and separators which are responsible for generating the charge to be limited to one another. This enables the battery to be encased within a flexible casing, as opposed to a metal casing, enabling them to be shaped specifically for certain devices creating an individualized fit. This equates to greater versatility all around.
Here are some of the many benefits lithium ion batteries bring to the world of electronics:
- Lithium ion batteries are very lightweight batteries.
- Lithium is a highly reactive element, and this allows lithium ion batteries to hold a lot more stored energy.
- They hold battery charges much longer per month than older style batteries. Lithium ion batteries lose only about 5% of their charge each month compared to the much higher rate of 20% of loss for older types of batteries.
- Lithium ion batteries do not need to be fully discharged before recharging.
- Lithium ion batteries are not only strong, but they are exceptionally durable. They can handle hundreds of charging cycles in their lifetime.
As excellent as lithium ion batteries are, they do come with a few pitfalls unfortunately:
- Lithium ion batteries begin to degrade once they leave the factory.
- They are extremely sensitive to heat and exposure can cause them to degenerate very quickly.
- Continually completely discharging lithium ion batteries can destroy them
- They are more expensive batteries due to the technology involved.
Lithium ion batteries are the power behind electronic cigarettes, and you can surely see why. This amazing technology allows smokers to have a device that enables them the same pleasure without smoke tobacco and tar, with quality, durability and convenience. Innovation is incredible, isn’t it?!