Many of us can’t wait to dive into summer activities like swimming, boating, grilling out with friends and soaking up the beautiful sunshine while doing all the other things you enjoy when the weather is warm and the days are long. And if you vape, you know how awesome those summer days can be with delicious flavors like Peach Passion and Pina Colada!
Of course, with the heat and humidity there comes a few things we should all heed when it comes to getting the most out of your favorite vaping device during the summer months.
The vapor output of your electronic cigarette can be negatively affected by high heat and humidity if you aren’t careful. Here are some tips to make sure your vaping device doesn’t come down with a case of summertime sadness:
- Careful where you leave it. A hot car in the summer months is the worst place to leave your vaping device lying around. Did you know that when it is 90 degrees outside, it can be 150 degrees or more in your car? Yikes, that’s hot! This is why we never leave pets and kids (or your electronic cig) in these stifling conditions.
- Store e -juice in a cool, dark place. Some people go overboard and store their electronic cigarettes and e-liquid in freezers. However, this practice is not good for your e-liquid. We advise not to store your device below 55 degrees. Long-term extreme cold temperatures can affect the flavor of your electronic cigarette just like heat does. See our article on properly storing your vaping supplies…
- Prepare for summer thunderstorms! Not only do you want to protect your device from rain, but also from those power outages during summer thunderstorms. Be prepared and make certain you have plenty of battery backup so you don’t miss a beat.
- Stay away from sand. While you can (and should) definitely experience the joy of vaping on the beach, try and keep the sand from getting into your device where it can clog it up. If you are bringing a bag or purse, store it in there until you’re ready to use it.
- Keep it safe! Lastly, make certain you safely carry your electronic cig in a special holder or carrying case so that it doesn’t accidentally get crushed or damaged during all of the summertime activity.
Go make some amazing summer memories and enjoy vaping while you’re at it!