Few things are more annoying than when you are enjoying a nice vaping experience when suddenly your e-cig begins leaking (or in some cases pouring) nicotine liquid! What are the causes of some of these leaks and how can you fix them?
In order to stop your e-cig from leaking, first you need to understand WHY it is leaking. Below are some common reasons behind this annoying issue:
- You filled it too high – The atomizers and cartomizers are designed to hold only a small amount of e-liquid. Perhaps some people get overly excited about all the great flavors available so they go a little overboard! If you accidentally do this, your device will leak. One solution is purchasing pre-filled flavor cartridges.
- You inhaled too hard – E-cigs are not designed for hard drags. If you inhale too vigorously on the device then the liquid will probably overflow. E-liquid can get on the battery and destroy it, or it can seep into your mouth for an unpleasant surprise.
- You inhaled too quickly – Remember that e-cigs are not the same as traditional cigarettes. If inhale too quickly, you won’t give the atomizer enough time to heat up and vape the liquid, thus causing a back-up of fluid and potential leakage.
- The atomizer coil is too old – If your atty is ancient, it may not work properly. You should look into replacing your device.
- The plastic tank melted – Some people prefer glass tanks because there are some strong e-liquid flavors such as cinnamon or menthol that can actually melt the plastic and cause leaks.
What to do if it does leak?
Got a leaky e-cig? No worries. Here’s what you should do:
- Disassemble your e-cig, then use paper towels to thoroughly clean your e-cig.
- If the leaking is due to cracks, you must replace the device.
- If you have constant trouble overfilling, consider switching to an e-cig with a clear tank so that you can see how much e-liquid is left in the tank.
- Hold the e-cig horizontally while you vape.
- Store your e-cig with the mouthpiece elevated.
You will most likely experience a leak at one time or another in your vaping days. Once you have fixed the immediate problem of sticky liquid all over your hands, you should take steps to prevent the same issue from happening in the future.
Whether you are a veteran of e-cigs looking for troubleshooting tips, or new to vaping and interested in learning more, we encourage you to browse our knowledge center and blog. You can also contact us toll-free with any questions about our superior e-cigs and vaping gear.